BAR BITES RECIPE ADVENTURE
So, I was tasked with choosing one of the recipes from Bar Bites by J Kenner and Suzanne M Johnson and blogging about the process of preparing it.
I prepared Veggiedillas with Avocado Dipping Sauce.
This was a really easy recipe to make!
Here is a picture of all the ingredients.
Veggiedillas

Avocado Dipping Sauce

First I prepared the Veggiedillas. In a medium pan, I melted the butter and added the onions, peppers and mushrooms. Cooked for 8 minutes over low heat. Then I added the water and Taco seasoning packet. It turned into a nice thick sauce.

Then you spray a pan with the nonstick spray, put the tortillas shell in it and load half with the mixture.
Add some cheese.

Then flip over and let it cook.

For about 2 minutes on each side.
While that was going on, I prepared the Dipping Sauce.
If you use Avocados alot, it's definitely worth it to get the Avocado slicer.
It will slice it, scoop it out of the shell and you can grab the pit right out.

A little side note about this avocado.
It came from Leslie McAdam's farm.
So basically you take all of the dipping sauce ingredients and mix them in a blender until well combined.


And here is the finished product!

It was even KID tested and KID approved!

Here is the recipe for you!
Veggiedillas with Avocado Dipping Sauce
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup water
1 cup sliced onion
8 burrito size flour tortillas
1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup sliced bell pepper (red, yellow or green)
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 packet taco seasoning mix
In a medium skillet over low heat, melt butter and sauté onions, mushrooms, and bell pepper for 8-10 minutes. Add taco seasoning and water. Simmer for 5 more minutes and remove from heat. In a medium skillet over low heat, coat with cooking spray and lay a tortilla flat in the skillet. Cover half of the tortilla with sautéed veggies and cheese. Then fold the empty side on top of the mixture and allow to cook for 2 minutes, pressing down with a spatula. Next, flip the quesadilla and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and repeat this process with remaining ingredients. Cut quesadillas into thirds and serve with Avocado Dipping Sauce. (Click here for recipe.)
AVOCADO DIPPING SAUCE
2 avocados
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
Juice of 1 lime
In a stand-up mixer, add avocado, yogurt, garlic, salt, and lime. Blend on low for 1 minute. Serve with Veggiedillas.
Check out this excerpt from the book!
Spencer Dean knew her better than anyone in the world, and in that moment, she knew that she didn’t have to explain. He got it. More important, he got her.
He reached down and she put her hands in his, relishing the comfort of their connection as he tugged her gently to her feet. “They’re gone,” he repeated. “At least for now. And I’m so, so sorry.”
It was that apology that finally got her mind humming again. That, and the simple fact that having him beside her had sent relief coursing through her with so much power that she didn’t have any room left inside her for the irritation and frustration.
“You don’t have anything to apologize for,” she said. “I’m the one who lost it.” She released his hands and dragged her fingers through her long, blond hair. “I tripped over my own damn feet and everything inside me just exploded, but it’s not your fault.”
“Isn’t it?” He cocked his head toward the den, then pressed his palm gently against her back and steered her off the sunporch and into the house proper. She sat on the sofa they’d picked out two episodes ago. This was the first room to be fully finished, and as she settled back against the thick, comfortable cushions, she looked up at the high, tiled ceiling and the restored period molding. Not a detail had been ignored, and the room was a showplace now. And she and Spencer owed that to the television program as much to their own hard work and planning.
She drew in a long breath, then released it again. “No,” she said firmly. “It’s not your fault.”
“I’m the one who pushed for Mansion Makeover. I’m the one who made this show happen.” He sat down next to her, his thigh hard against hers. Then took her hand and twined their fingers together. She squeezed, relishing this connection to him. The man she loved. The man she’d lost once, but had miraculously regained.
“I want it, too,” she said. “I love this place.” The historic mansion had been stunning even in its dilapidated state, and slowly but surely they were bringing it back to life. It was work she loved with a man she loved. There was just that one little hitch. “It’s only…it’s just…I mean, I guess I finally reached my limit of being under the microscope. I don’t normally mind—I really don’t. I knew what I signed on for when I agreed to do the show with you. But they’re here all the time. And tomorrow—our engagement party? Except it isn’t even really our party because it was their idea. Molly and Adam’s.”
She sucked in another breath and leaned against him. “I know I sound whiney and ungrateful considering that once it’s over we’re going to have this incredible home. It’s just that every time I turn around it feels like someone from the production is behind me.”
“I get it,” he said, brushing his thumb along the curve of her jaw, the contact sending shivers through her. “I really do.”
Slowly, he kissed her. His mouth firm against hers. Tender at first, then with rising heat, until the ache inside her consumed her, so that she gasped with love and longing when he pulled away, his eyes shining with need.
“And Angel,” he said, “they’re not here now.”
Grab your copy of BAR BITES today!



Comments
Post a Comment